Thread: Aqualu Tubs

Default Aqualu Tubs

any firsthand experience with these guys?
    They offer a CJ6 tub with no scribe marks or cut outs.. didnít know if anybody used them in the past..
    A little concerned about bi metal corrosion.. but other than that it seems to be right in line price wise as a steel replacement or fixing my old one..
    2012 WK2 SRT8 - 6.4L of fun
    1988 YJ Sahara - 4.2L,AX-15,4:1,D30 w/aussie, 8.8, 4.11, 6"Lift 35"BFG/KMT2
    1974 Land Rover Series 3 - fully restored
    1949 CJ3a - 6 Volt and stock, staying that way!

Default Re: Aqualu Tubs

That Spike Xtreme 4x4 show had built a Samurai with an Aqualu tub. It looked to be very high quality.
    1966 CJ5 225 Dauntless SM420 D18 Dana 44 F&R

They are amazing quality, they look like they were made for nasa, every weld is perfectly smooth and looks like it was caulk smeared on with a finger its soo nice. Frank here on the forum has an aluminum Aqualu tub, his cj-6 build thread is here, its called family cj-6 project, i wouldnt hesitate to buy any of their stuff.
    Geoffrey
    You can never have too many projects right?

66 CJ-5, 53 CJ-3B, 69 CJ-5, 70 DJ-5a, 74 CJ-5

drool....
    The difficult is no problem..............The impossible just takes a little longer
    ........I didn't get a Jeep to go fast..........
    74 with a glass tub , 8274 winch and the right combination of wheelbase, width. line and nuts.
    76 cj7 all glass the loving brides ride, and a handful of parts rigs

Absolutely worth every penny. Excellent build quality, great people to deal with. I've studied the galvanic corrosion problem, and am basically building a boat on wheels at this point. Where 2 pieces of metal meet, paint it or insulate it before assembly with plastic or rubber gaskets. Where you can't help drilling and tapping the area, such as windshield hinges, use a good boat builders anti-galvanic action paste (never sieze), high in zinc. I've insulated all my bolts except the windshield hinge tapped ones with nylon washers and air hose tubing. There are every size of nylon shoulder washers for insulation available online for next to nothing. Buy a bag of 100 in 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, and 1/2 and you have your bases covered. I'm also going to install a sacrifical zinc anode in each corner of the tub, just to be sure. The body will be able to be passed onto my children, I am certain.