If you noticed my other post you'll know that I am finishing up a conversion on my CJ3A. I installed a Dauntless and an SM420.
I thought I would share one of my misfortunes with you so that it may prevent someone the headaches I have suffered
When I first got my motor/clutch/tranny in I realized that the clutch would not disengage. After trying 2 clutches, 5 different length throw out bearings and a number of other remedies I solved the problem. (I actually pulled the motor 10 times!!!!)
The problem turned out to be that the tranny input shaft splines were about 3/16 too short and this was binding my clutch disk into my flywheel.
I took a die grinder and extended the splines and all is well now.
hope this prevents someone from having the same problems.