Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: swing pedals

Default swing pedals

is there a company that sells a kit for the swing pedals im doing a disk conversion on a 3a and want to up grade the master with the disks and 11in rears didnt know if someone makes some thing that will work ?? any help would be awesome thanks

Default Re: swing pedals

Wilwood, I believe that's how you spell it, makes some nice stuff. Not sure if the swinging pedal set up from an intermediate will work in a flatty or not. May be another option to explore.
    Dave, York, PA
    71 cj5 on the road, 66 Tux Park
    47 Willys truck,2 Bantam trailers,

"JEEP work is good work." -G. King

You might take a look a Pontiac Fiero. They are not swing peddles so much as firewall mounted, but I have seen them used and they worked well.

I am finishing a setup with the Wilwood stuff - seperate pedals with a dual MC for brakes and small one for clutch. I should have some pics next week after we get back from vacation (burning the midnight oil to get this on done to go too).
    Chuck AKA Warloch
    51 CJ3A - V6 Kenne Bell 225, EFI - 4.88 Axles with OX lockers - SM465*49 CJ3A - V6 225, EFI, T18, OD, 5.38s - fight is on who gets it (Grandson in the lead)*72 Commando - Sporting a 360, T18, body and Misc left to do*61 CJ6 - V6 225 - Project Shrek for Sheldon - waiting for the Commando to finish*62 CJ5 - 225, D18, OD, 5.38s - Niece's Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Warloch View Post
    I am finishing a setup with the Wilwood stuff - seperate pedals with a dual MC for brakes and small one for clutch. I should have some pics next week after we get back from vacation (burning the midnight oil to get this on done to go too).

thanks that would be nice to see

Late 80's cherokee pedals, power brake master cylinder and hydraulic slave cylinder with a brake light switch. All can be had for very cheap and every flaps in the world stocks both master cylinders. Very easy to cut out a piece of 3/16 steel to stiffen up the firewall and is truly a bolt in swap. Why re-create the wheel when Jeep paid very smart guys with lots of college degrees to do all the math for you. Can easily be done from a local Pull-a-Part type wrecking yard for about $50 total.

I agree with the above post. 84' to 2001 Cherokee pedals fit like a glove. They are dirt cheap at the pic-n-pull and need very little work to fit. Here are some pictures of my setup. I believe mine was from a 94'.

You just need to trim off a little off the top of the support bracket so it can fit up high enough under the dash without hitting the cowl. Then add a bit of metal to reach the dash face for maximum support. I don't have any pictures of it modified but it is easy and straight forward

I probably have some more details in my buildup here. http://www.earlycj5.com/forums/showt...-with-V8-Power

Greg
    1966 Buick Skylark GS with 455/TH400 fully restored, my first car, had since 15
    1955 Chevy 2DR Wagon Gasser project. 496 BBC, Toploader, Straight Axle 60s Drag Beast.
    http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128909
    1948 Willys CJ2A Jeep Project, 4.8L Chevy Vortec LR4, SM 465, Dana 18, Dana 30/Dana44, 34" Swampers with 4.5" RE Lift.

Good thing the hood overlaps the fenders, Greg I have all my wiring though that upper left corner so mounted the clutch master facing towards the rear, under the dash. That took a bit of reverse engineering--
    John
    1955 CJ3B, 381 sbc, AGE wide ratio M22, TeraLow, OD, PowrLoc ff, Saginaw, 8274 winch, OBA
    1968 CJ54 bbl, headers, OD, 5721 winch
    2012 quitter (JKU Rubicon), Warn 9.5 xp-s winch, Warn/RSE bumpers, Mopar 2" lift

what wilwood master are you using ?

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Good thing the hood overlaps the fenders, Greg
    Yup. That was definitely a tight fit but it works. There is clearance to the hood for the clutch master cyl. and the brake booster has adequate clearance to the valve cover on the engine. What more could you want?
    1966 Buick Skylark GS with 455/TH400 fully restored, my first car, had since 15
    1955 Chevy 2DR Wagon Gasser project. 496 BBC, Toploader, Straight Axle 60s Drag Beast.
    http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128909
    1948 Willys CJ2A Jeep Project, 4.8L Chevy Vortec LR4, SM 465, Dana 18, Dana 30/Dana44, 34" Swampers with 4.5" RE Lift.