Thread: 1957 Willys cj5 fuel line routing pictures?

Default 1957 Willys cj5 fuel line routing pictures?

Are there any pictures on how the fuel line should be routed on a 1957 CJ5 the fuel lines on mine are home made and are leaking. I'm trying to find the correct way they should be routed but I haven't had any luck finding picture?

Default Re: 1957 Willys cj5 fuel line routing pictures?

It comes from the bottom of the tank under the seat, runs tucked up to the top of the frame on the inside, then just before the brake master-cylinder, it curves across the top of the fame rail to pass between the brake and clutch pedal arms and up about 5 inches and ends in a flare for rubber fuel line. The rubber fuel line is long enough to create enough slack that the running engine won't pull it tight, and goes from the flared end of the hard line to the inlet of the fuel pump. From the outlet of the fuel pump it runs up and across and back to the carburetor, paralleling the vacuum line that goes from the PCV valve to the port under the carb.
    1960 Willys CJ-5, lifted,Now lowered 5 inches, to 1+1/2 inches higher than stock. 215x75x15's, mounted on Samurai white spoke rims. All original running gear except rear springs and maybe shackles. F-head/t90/d18/5.38's
    And now a rollcage.

I'm starting to think I could make them myself and do a better job. I just do not know what the right size the lines should be and where I could buy a good flairing tool? I'm pretty sure NAPA would have the fuel line in blank pieces and I could reuse the old fittings. I think $159.00 for new fuel lines is a little high.

Also has anyone used a polyurethane tank like this one? http://www.jeep4x4center.com/gas-tan...-912008pl.html

I have heard of people using them with success. The PO of my CJ replaced the original steel tank with another steel tank.

Think of it this way, it will never rust!
    1968 CJ5, ,9 leaf springs, Powr-Lok rear, 4.88s, Piaa 510's, Aris Flamethrowers, Yokohama Geolander A/T+IIs. *Pending Ramsey DP-1* "The Proud Mary."
    1992 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 SE, first love now gone.
    1968 Mercury Cougar XR7, Ford 302, bored .40, domed pistons, Holley four barrel.
    1971 Honda CB 450k Cafe Conversion (came that way.)

Haha yes that is the plan it already has a rusty VW beetle gas tank mounted in the back.

Replaced mine with a poly tank. rubber gas line from the sendig unit(float) down the side, through the floor to the frame and an electric fuel pump, along the inside of the frame up the firewall to the carb. Works great!![IMG][/IMG]
    1968 CJ-5 base 225 V6, almost stock
    USN retired