Discussion in 'Builds and Fabricators Forum' started by ITLKSEZ, Aug 20, 2015.
In the trash
Air box is done. Glad that’s behind me.
The left half of the unit bolts to the firewall, and the right half bolts to the left half using three wingnut-headed bolts (wingbolts?).
Air filter cartridge replacement is tool-less.
I had to make those sections of tubing out of sheet stock. PITA.
The sealing ring weld needed to be coped to get a good seal against the filter. Another PITA.
View from the engine bay. I had to pipe it out where I previously had the coil. I think the coil will now get mounted to the center air box stud.
I’ll wait to think about the intake tube routing through the engine bay until it’s all assembled. I might actually bring it through the upper inside corner of the fender.
you do amazing work . now onto Halloween
Just think some 50 years from now the new owner goes in to his local FAPS and tries to order a filter for a 3A ITLKSEZ Jeep and the guy behind the counter starts looking on the computer for the part number...
Very nice as usual.
It’s for an ‘01-‘08 Hyundai.
I only have two words....... spread sheet
That's where Ryan needs to stamp the part number of the pleated element onto the custom box.
I have a modified '95 Hyundai air cleaner box in my Vanagon with the transplanted Suby H6.
It will all be covered in the exploded diagram like this but with part numbers...
I’ll hire Focker for that.
I got the clutch cable hooked up. Pull is stiff, but travel distance is dead on. Feels like friction more than a leverage issue. I’m thinking it will ease up some when I grease the pedal pivot.
I still need to hook up the return spring (bottom hole on the pivot arm). It’ll get welded up next time the body is off.
Yeah, Focker finally will get paid for some of his service around here.
Where is the wiring diagram?
You don’t need labels, do you?
Body is back off. Brake lines are next.
I have the brake failure sensor from the Volvo... might as well use it!
Does it tell you before or after they fail . Nice work as usual.
Right? I think I could tell when my brakes are failing.
I’m using it more as a junction block, but if the sensor is there...
I found an oversight. I built the front axle without the calipers installed. I threw them on this morning and found that the inlet port dumps really close to the steering arm. I’m not sure I’ll be able to fit the hose in there without using a 90° fitting and shooting it up toward the top knuckle pivot.
It’s hard to tell in the pic, but the edge of the arm easily clears the hole, but the arm is angled. A rubber hose would have definite contact.
It’s irritating, because caliper removal after the brake line is on will either require arm removal or line removal. Maybe with a 90° fitting, I’ll be able to clearance the arm so it can slide past.
Also, I really despise running hard brake lines. I really struggle to find the patience.
Front hard lines are roughed in.
Separate names with a comma.