Discussion in 'Builds and Fabricators Forum' started by Focker, Jul 23, 2016.
You didn't put it together wrong....you choose to put there for a reason that you don't remember
If only someone was working on a switch to match the Headlights but reads "rear locker"....
But i'm not sure.. might get a hooker switch
Mad Max blower?
Nah. He installed a two-speed rear axle.
That’s what those switches are/were for.
Eaton axle switch for an Eaton locker
What am I missing? I need to clean up the front axle and make it more like the rear axle.
and 'oil slick' because it's a Jeep.
maybe "Heater" for those with aftermarket setups and a general "AUX" knob just incase?
BEER would fit nicely.
James Bond style or la natural?
Put the top and doors back on today It's starting to get hot out so the shade will be nice. I also put some silicone caulking in the drip channel under the hood in an attempt to stop the leak on the inside of the firewall that drips on my feet.
Removed some of my " Digital Dash" on Monday...... It Ain't pretty.
AFTER : ......I'm embarrassed to show Y'all . Well, OK.....I got Brave :
...... The PO had this dash panel custom made with all the opening's having rolled edges & then fully assembled on a bench before final install. Was tighter than Frog Pus$%...... but I was NOT going to strip out the steering Column & Heater box to remove it.
AnyHoo.......After a whole buncha B, S, & T's , I got it removed ....... With a far amount of further damage done to the lens & tell-tale filters. Was able to find replacement's , some how, under the Grace of God.
The good news is that I discovered 2 ) reasons for the troubles I was having ever since getting Her. Slowly reinstalling everthi'n the right way......I'll post a couple more progress pic's later on.
Last edited: Today at 10:18 AM
Remember My Motto.... Since 1975 , It's not my Fault !
Lockman, May 5, 2023 Edit Delete Report
I gave it a thorough cleaning and oil change.
Mounted the DJ steering column in the Willys pickup today. Installed the seat on a temporary basis, so we could get the column positioned where we wanted it. Now I'm trying to figure out how to build the steering shaft on a budget.
crap I haven't posted about the YJ in a while. After replacing the fuel pump, timing set, fuel injectors and exhaust manifold it was running far better, starting easily, idling smooth ect. Still sounds a bit like an old 4cyl tractor lol I think it may have a stuck lifter in there somewhere. I'm running some seafoam in the crankcase to see if it makes it any better over this short interval oil change I'm going to do with it.
Got some more work done on the YJ a few days ago. A decent chunk. Buttoned up the rear end and refilled, changed fluids in Trans and T-case. Found the wrong fluid in the T-Case. Not entirely sure what it was, but it wasn't ATF. Refilled with the proper fluid there and changed the trans out to 15W40. GL4 80W90 is a **** to find locally and my old online source the cost has gone up dramatically. Later in the AX5s life they would respec it for engine oil anyway and on a viscosity chart 15W40 is really close (a little heavier) than 80W90.
The previous owners had put a metal shift knob in. When I removed it, I saw why. They had broken off the threaded part of the shifter at some point and just put some aftermarket part on it instead. I ground down what was left of the stud flush with the top of the shifter then took a metric bolt that fit the OEM replacement knob I had and cut that down to the length I needed so all I had was a stud, then I welded that as square as I could to the top of the shift handle, cleaned it up with a flap wheel and hit it with a little paint then installed the replacement knob.
My brother was here (who I bought this from) and we took the Jeep out for a 20-minute drive on back roads. When I got back, I found the front driver's brake was sticking. I pulled the wheel off and disassembled it and found where the pads ride on the knuckle had notches worn in them preventing the inside pad from backing off of the rotor. It's also not uncommon for these calipers to stick, but I decided I would fix the notches and try again. So out came the little HF flux core welder again, and I filled the notches in, then took the flap disc and ground them down and profiled them to match up with the rest of the area. Threw everything back together after a bit of brake grease and pumped the brakes back up. They seem to be releasing now, but I was unable to take it back out for a test drive at that time, so not sure if I'll need to swap calipers yet.
I'm still waiting for some shift tower parts, oil pressure sensor, I still need to figure out the rear brake lights as far as going back to the standard style Wrangler taillights, and I still have some cleaning to do in various areas and I need to get my "Fat 50" ammo can mounted as a center storage between the seats but overall she's coming together nicely.
Here my son and I are testing how well the M416 tows behind the little 2.5 when empty along with a test run of all the work we had done so far.
I washed ' Rosie' ......... The poor thing, It's been awhile .
My Daughter in Law just made up a dash shift pattern decal for the CJ. Since it has the 435 tranny and Land Rover LT230 T/C the pattern is strange. She personalized it a bit.
Separate names with a comma.